The Original Charter of the MI
drafted by St. Maximilian Kolbe
I. Purpose of the MI
To pursue the conversion to God of all people, be they sinners, or non-Catholics, or unbelievers, in particular the freemasons; and that all become saints, under the patronage and through the mediation of the Immaculate Virgin.
II. Conditions for Membership
1. To consecrate oneself entirely to the Immaculate Virgin, placing oneself freely as a docile and generous instrument in her hands.
2. To wear the Miraculous Medal.
3. To register with a canonically established Center.
III. Means of the Apostolate
1. To pray, to do penance, to offer God the daily works and sufferings of life; to invoke the Immaculata, possibly every day, with this ejaculation: “O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to you, and for all who do not have recourse to you, especially the enemies of the Church and those recommended to you.”
2. To use all other valid and legitimate means for the conversion and sanctification of men, according to one’s means, in the different states and conditions of life, as the occasions present themselves, the choice of which is left to the zeal and prudence of each member. Means particularly recommended are the spreading of the Miraculous Medal and the apostolate through example, the word and the media. (cf. KW 21)